This can stress, depression and / or anxiety leads to a physical problem in the urinary tract (this can also affect people, but it is still under investigation).
In cats and this is called feline idiopathic cystitis feline disorder or disease of the lower respiratory tract (in the person of the so-called interstitial cystitis, as in the case of cats and seems to be caused by stress or some type of stressful events).
There are many possible causes of stress and anxiety for your cat can lead to anxiety and / or depression, which causes or contributes to the problem of urination. The following list is not exhaustive:
- For the attention of the owner (maybe the cat is sick, unhappy, or simply feel neglected)
- The owner or friends / brothers are outside
- Pet is lonely / bored
- Garbage is not clean enough or often enough clean
- Animals in the new house (being regional)
- Stray Cats are insults and banter, and possibly through the window
- Any significant change such as moving the new baby, spouse or roommate
- It can be something as simple as moving furniture upset some of the animals
- Trauma Kittenhood as being one of the 3 districts in gunnysack of 10 Cats - sad and hope are rare, but true
In addition to these environmental factors, veterinarians, researchers and identified a relationship between depression in cats and hormonal imbalance in the brain of a particular animal.
Research has shown that most people, in many cases there are both biological conditions, social or environmental causes a bout of depression.
See for the first time the vet to rule out any health problems such as blockage of the urethra (which suffers from symptoms similar to feline idiopathic cystitis, but where this animal does not pass urine, or lack of urine frequently - this is medical emergency for your pet to a veterinarian should be sought immediately), and the elimination of other factors such as diabetes or other medical problems that may be causing the behavior.
Once the vet and deleted all other medical possibilities and set the tension and anxiety and depression as idiopathic cystitis or a cat and then the challenges to be met.